Most of the time chocolate treats are filled with refined sugars that will slow your fitness results. Well, today I have a recipe that uses zero-sugar, stevia-sweetned chocolate that will make both your sweet tooth and your waistline very happy.
This zero sugar treat has endless possibilities in the flavor department. Have fun swapping out the chopped pistachios for shredded coconut, other ground nuts, or crushed freeze dried fruit.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 (9oz) bag Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 48 pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth.
- In a mini whoppie pie pan (or mini muffin pan) place ½ teaspoon of chopped pistachios in 48 tins. Top with a spoonful of the melted chocolate mixture.
- Press a pecan into the top of each button and sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt. Place the buttons in the fridge or freezer to harden. Store in the freezer. Enjoy!
124 calories, 12g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 43mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 2g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!