As another serving option, you could present the salad on large lettuce leaves or place over shredded green cabbage. Also feel free to experiment with the ingredients – swap out the black beans for your favorite type bean and switch up the protein from chicken to turkey or sausage. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted chicken, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 287 calories, 2g fat, 24mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, and 22g protein
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!