1. Eat more Veggies: Your mom was right, eating vegetables really is a good idea, especially when preparing to shimmy into a bathing suit. Why? There are a couple of reasons. First, veggies are low in calories and high in fiber, which means that you’re filling up without packing on pounds. Second, the vitamins and minerals in fresh vegetables nourish your body and cut down on cravings.
2. Add five Minutes: Each week, between now and your beach debut, I want you to add 5 minutes to your workouts. Just five more minutes. The slight increase from week to week will hardly be noticeable, but the extra fat burn will pay off nicely. Use these extra five minutes to do intense burst of exercise, such as burpees, squat to presses and walking lunges.
3. Double up on Water: Not only will staying extra hydrated help your skin to have a healthy glow, it will also speed up your fat loss efforts. Most of us are walking around in a state of chronic dehydration, which contributes to fatigue, stubborn weight gain and constipation. By drinking more water throughout the day, and by limiting your intake of caffeinated beverages, you’ll become healthier, more radiant, and sexier in that bikini.
4. Eat low Carb (after 4pm): One of the easiest ways to drop a few inches around your waist before the warm weather hits is to eat low carb after 4pm each day. This means eating dinners that are centered around salads and vegetables rather than breads and pastas. If you simply must have your oatmeal or whole grain bread each day, then eat it for breakfast or lunch and give low carb dinners a try. Don’t forget that sugar counts as carbs, so skip that sugary dessert and try a grapefruit for dessert.
5. Train with us: If you’re not yet one of my beloved clients, then now is the time. I’d love to get you into beach season shape, and to give you the foundation that will keep you lean and healthy for life. Call 480-518-3749, use our contact form, or purchase our amazing limited-time Groupon Special and we will get you started this week on an exercise program that will get you back in control of your body.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs of root vegetables, thinly sliced (sweet potato, parsnips, beets or carrots)
- Sea salt
- Cajun spice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the root vegetables with a mandoline slicer, to 1/8 inch thickness. Toss the sliced veggies with a sprinkle of sea salt and Cajun spice.
- Spread the sliced veggies over the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 139 calories, 0g fat, 287mg sodium, 22g carbs, 8g fiber, and 3g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.